About the client
The client is a startup in Singapore that provides easy access to affordable veterinary care services through video calls and house calls based on what call a “pet healthcare services platform”. With the technology-enabled business model, animal healthcare is made more convenient through medication delivery and home-based services.
- Overview: The Pet Care Service application enables its users to search for veterinary clinics, book medical appointments for their pets online via a web app or a mobile app (iOS, Android), get prescriptions from veterinarians, and purchase appropriate medications.
- Industry: Pet care, Pet services, Health care.
- Country: Singapore.
- Technologies: PHP, MySQL, WebRTC, Stripe, Twillio, AWS, Sendgrid.
- Team size: 3 full-stack developers, 2 testers, 1 PM , 1 Product Owner.
- Collaboration model: Dedicated Development Team.
- Development type: End product development (Analysis, Design, coding, testing, integration and deployment).
- This project’s outcome is an end-product, so Luvina’s development team must study the client’s business to understand business requirements and propose the best solution for both client’s business and technical problems.
- There was no detailed design of the product and a lot of undefined and unclear requirements at the beginning, and the startup need to release the first Minimum Viable Product (MVP) in a very short time to test the feasibility of the business as soon as possible.
- Luvina utilized the Dedicated Development Team model with 3 senior – dedicated full-stack developers and a project manager to work closely with the client team on the project to ensure highly responsive outcomes from both sides.
- The Agile project management approach was used to deliver a project throughout its life cycle. Each sprint is 2 weeks long. A discussion was made with the client team before starting a sprint and everything is managed using our Redmine project management system.
- The next sprint’s goal decision can be requested at any time by the client’s request, not just a one-off meeting.
- Since there is no pre-defined requirements or SRS (Software Requirement Specifications), after putting simple instructions on Redmine and explaining in detail verbally, the Project Owner of Luvina included it in the basic design document and asked the scrum master for estimation. Task assignment and schedule management are done on the KANBAN board.
- At the end of a sprint, a demo meeting will be held internally within the team, after which a demo will be given to the client team to hear about the adjustment items and make the corrections.
- Each sprint’s release was deployed to the production environment on Thursday. The Monkey test then was conducted and test results were reported to the client team.
- Stand-up meetings were held twice a day to capture progress issues and act proactively to resolve them.
- A review meeting was held at the end of each sprint for the Agile team to discuss improvements for the next sprint.
- Luvina Software has successfully established a development method utilizing the Agile approach that satisfies the client’s product development objectives and needs in terms of the right product, on time and on budget.
- The very fast release of the MVP has helped the client to minimize time and effort wasted by testing how the market reacts to your idea before building the complete product:
- Validate product idea hypotheses with real-life data.
- Reduce time-to-market for new feature releases.
- Deliver value to early adopters quickly.
- Deliver the most value to the very first customers/end-users while simultaneously generating learnings.
- Test the product/market fit before building a full-fledged product.
- Collect viable data on user behavior to shape future product initiatives and go-to-market strategy.
- Grow a pre-launch user base.