About the client
GRANDIT is a famous ERP system in Japan (equivalent to SAP) developed from a customer point of view to suit the Japanese company culture.
Luvina’s client is a GrandIT partner – a big System Integration Company in Japan that specializes in providing Business consulting and IT services to the Japanese and global market.
- Overview: ERP implementation is an advanced and complicated business that requires many different specialized, professional knowledge and experience in both non-IT and IT areas such as business management consulting, information technology, software implementation. With more than 25 in-house GrandIT ERP software engineers and 18 years in providing software services to the Japanese market, Luvina has offered the ODC collaboration model for GrandIT implementation projects to help our partner/client optimize resources and cost of operation while continuously improving the quality of services.
- Industry: ERP, Information Technology, Business Management.
- Country: Japan.
- C# (ASP.NET) (.Net 1.1, .Net 2.0, .Net 3.5, .Net 4).
- DB: SQL SERVER (2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2014, 2016).
- Active Report (version 3.0, version 6.0, version 9).
- Excel (Export).
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Team size: 25 dedicated GrandIT ERP engineers.
- Collaboration model: Offshore Development Center (ODC).
- Software development type: Design and Implementation (Functional design, Detailed design, Coding, migration, testing, integration, deployment), operation, maintenance, and support.
- Our client realized that to stay competitive in the IT & ERP services industry, they need to focus on key strength points and are in a state of always-ready in IT human resources. Besides, they need to optimize the cost of operation by seeking an alternative source of workforce with more reasonable monthly rates and choosing a more flexible, more scalable working model while keeping the quality and performance continuously improved. So they searched for a reliable partner that can fulfill their needs for a long-term partnership.
- Our client had about 40 GrandIT projects that need to be designed, implemented, tested, integrated, deployed, upgraded, operated, maintained, and supported – complex projects require advanced skillsets!
- One more challenge for Luvina’s Development Team at that time is no one in the company has any experience with GrandIT ERP yet.
- Luvina Software proposed to the client the Offshore Development Center outsourcing model. The advantage of the ODC model, in this case, is that it helped our client establish their software development subsidiary with no startup cost and reduce management headaches.
- Luvina first chose qualified tech leaders and senior engineers who had already had experience with ERP projects to join the ODC team. This helped minimize the learning curve so that the client could kick off their GrandIT projects quickly. More engineers were added to the team later as our client’s business keeps growing.
- The ODC outsourcing model helps our client operate their business more efficiently: Operation cost is reduced, more time and effort is used for sales and consulting activities, and customers’ satisfaction is increased with good reviews.
- Our client is satisfied with the performance and quality of Luvina’s engineers. They decided to choose Luvina as a long-term, strategic partner for their GrandIT ERP consulting and implementation services so the team is continuing to expand.