What is Software Outsourcing?
Software outsourcing is all about having an IT company develop software for your company. In fact, you will hire skilled IT talents with relevant expertise and experience from a software company.
Why is software outsourcing a trend?
Nowadays, the software outsourcing industry is thriving rapidly in the context that businesses worldwide are implementing digital transformation. This process requires a large volume of work, time, money, and maybe losses. Moreover, the shortage of in-house software developers is also a critical factor in slowing down these technological advancements.
Therefore, smart leaders working in System Integration, Startups, and Non-tech mid to large companies tend to use outsourcing services in order to cut down on cost, access a larger pool of resources like never before, boost efficiency, get the best quality and especially reduce risk at the same time. With this strategy, companies can still ensure their core resources while keeping the long-term strategic priorities on the right track.
So what are the criteria for choosing a good software outsourcing partner?
- Effective software development models: Agile and Scrum are the most trending now. Besides, an outsourcing team should be proficient in Waterfall, DevOps, Kanban, and Feature-Driven development.
- Transparent workflow processes: a good outsourcing team should work with the client to understand their detailed brief and the project and then deliver a precise and measurable plan.
- Excellent reputation & track record: when you seek high-performing outsourcing partners, you should ask them to show their proven record of experience. Besides, you can see their testimonials to really know how their partners talk about them.
- Reliable security protocols: During the project, security protocols are always top priorities. A multitude of Security tests should be implemented to ensure that all experts and developers are aware of protecting their client’s business intelligence.
- Top software engineers in the market: IT trends are changing almost every day. Top IT engineers are the ones who always update global IT trends like Blockchain, AI, cloud service; improve coding skills; update programming languages and working platforms.
- Speak English fluently: Needless to say, English is the global language. Speaking English well not only helps communicate with clients quickly, work with international experts but also speeds up project implementation.
Five leading Software outsourcing companies in Vietnam
For the past few years, Vietnam has surged like a rising star in Asia as well as in the world in term of economic growth rate and social advancements. The government of Vietnam has issued a multitude of initiatives to promote IT development and facilitate IT education among young people. Many companies from large countries such as the USA, Canada, Germany, Australia, Japan, China, and Singapore have come to seek IT talents. Gradually, Vietnam has become one of the world’s largest software outsourcing paradises. The Vietnamese IT talent pool ranges from junior, pre-senior to advanced, expert. They are savvy developers that are knowledgeable about programming languages, working flatforms, and able to deliver world-class IT products. Here are five Vietnam’s well-known software outsourcing companies:
Founded in 1999, FPT Software is a globally leading technology, outsourcing, and IT service group based in Vietnam. Clients are assisted by more than 10,000 knowledgeable employees qualified with CMMI Level 5 & ISO 27001:2013.
FPT Software delivers top-notch services in Analysis, IoT, Mobility, Cloud, Embedded systems, QA Testing, Legacy Migration, Package Implementation, Application Service, and BPO services from around the world, from the United States, Japan, Europe, Australia, Vietnam to the Asia Pacific.
Luvina Software is one of the top IT outsourcing companies specializing in Software development, Software Operation & Maintenance, Software testing, System Integration and Cloud & DevOps for high-quality required markets like Japan. Luvina’s head office is located in Hanoi, and branches are located in Danang (Vietnam) and Japan. For over 17 years, Luvina has cooperated with various clients in different industries, from banking to healthcare and has been a long-term partner of many large Japanese enterprises. They are constantly striving to continue to accompany and be a long-term, reliable partner of global customers.
Luvina Software has long been known for Japanese quality services. Clients are diverse from SI companies, Startups to Non-tech mid to large companies. After each project, Luvina Software always received rewarding testimonials from clients. In addition to being a reputable outsourcing company, Luvina Software has a Luvina Academy where potential IT talents are nurtured from scratch. This not only provides IT resource to the market but also ensures that Luvina Software is abundant in experienced IT experts and ready for any world-class IT project.
CMC Global, among the top IT outsourcing service providers in Vietnam, is a major division of CMC Corporation – a Vietnamese high-tech conglomerate founded in 1993 with a current workforce of over 3,500 people. With more than 1,500 experienced employees, CMC Global provides a wide range of software development services that can be highly customized to customers’ needs, including:
- Custom software development
- Cloud migration
- Cloud managed services
- RPA implementation
CMC Global is currently serving more than 200 clients from around the world, and strictly follows international standards, including CMMi and ISO 27001:2013, to guarantee the quality of its delivery.
Harvey Nash Vietnam Co., Ltd. (NashTech Vietnam) is the next one of the top IT outsourcing companies in Vietnam. They gained their expertise in technology by delivering smart solutions that can solve business challenges and create value.
Since 2000, NashTech Vietnam has been delivering software development and other IT outsourcing services, including cloud computing, digital transformation services and BPS to many clients in the world. Their main markets are the UK, Europe, USA, Australia, Singapore, Vietnam and Japan.
With experience in multiple markets and technologies, NashTech can offer the technology services that many businesses need for their strategic business growth. Whether you’re looking to increase the capacity of your existing tech team or want to outsource a project to a specialized partner, NashTech has a model tailored to your specific business needs.
TMA Solutions was established in 1997 to provide quality software outsourcing services to companies worldwide. They are one of the largest software outsourcing companies in Vietnam, with 3,000 engineers. Their engineering team was selected from a large pool of Vietnam IT resources; they are well-trained and have successfully completed many large and complex projects.
Over their 25 years, TMA Solutions has won many awards, including:
- Top 15 global companies with “Offshore Software Outsourcing Best Practices” (Aberdeen Group, 2002)
- Gold medal for Software Export and Top ICT Companies from HCMC Computer Associations (2004-2014)